Sunday 29 May 2011

Datamoshing your datamosh

In order of appearance:

Chairlift - Evident Utensil

Kanye West - Welcome to Heartbreak ft. Kid Cudi

Sprutbass - Ulykke

Yung Jake - Datamosh

I thought this trend had died down, but with Yung Jake's aptly titled 'Datamosh' video hitting youtube the other week, it appears not. First made commonly known by filmmakers with Chairlift's video and then known in the mainstream with Kanye West's video. I have to give credit to David O'Rielly however, he was one of the first experimenters and likely an influence for the creators of the Chairlift video. Check out his work!

& if you want to give it a go, check out this series on youtube below. Getting the workflow down isn't difficult, finding the right clips that work well together with the technique is!


Anyone else have some wicked datamosh videos to share? Especially would like to see some different/unique uses of the technique.


25 comments:

  1. Cool, I've never seen this before, but it looks pretty awesome. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing me something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more underdressed Teenage mutant ninja turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good tracks. Kinda disappointed in the Kanye one cause I usually love his stuff.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm datamoshing with my homemade alcohol now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not a fan of the buggy video style, but I now know It's call Datamoshing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, what is this? XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. These videos always confuse me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this first clip... So magic...

    ReplyDelete
  11. kanye west and it's 9:46 = made my day :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the Kanye West video was very well edited.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never had a clue what datamoshing was. Awesome post man. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very entertaining :) thx for sharing =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some odd reason, I always thought that effect had to do something with a malfunctioning video codec! I never would of thought it was an intentional act by the director of the music video. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow that was cool. thanks for introducing me to datamosh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. neat blog mmmm

    ReplyDelete

Make Money Blogging